20/10/2021We are proud to run regular Pride Lunch Clubs. These are fun, relaxed and informative sessions that are aimed at providing awareness and information to students on gender and orientation. They offer a safe and inclusive space for students to ask questions and discuss areas relating to LGBTQ.
After half term, we are pleased to be welcoming a number of guest speakers to the group including Surrey Police, Faith & LGBT with Church Inclusion, Surrey Pride and Surrey County Council Youth Groups Leaders.
For more information on these lunch clubs please talk to our Welfare Team.
8/10/2021The school have a small second hand uniform shop, run by Mrs Ralph. During the pandemic we've been unable to accept donations and as a result stocks are quite low so if anyone has any donations of school uniform or new style PE kit that they would be willing to donate, the shop would be grateful.
Donations can be dropped off at the main school reception marked for Mrs Ralph's attention.
6/10/2021Wellbeing Week Wednesday and today we have our tutor time quiz, a worry doll making session at lunchtime as well staff v student badminton and Year 9 will be planting daffodil bulbs to celebrate #HelloYellow.
But yesterday it was Miss Fry's favourite - glitter jars!! So easy, so quick, so sparkly, so mindful - why not give making one a go at home? They'd make great Christmas gifts!
• Small jar or bottle (make sure it will hold liquid tightly)
• Clear glue
• Glitter (any colours you like)
• A few drops of food colouring
• Hot water
• Whisk or a stick
1. Pour glue and hot water (tap water is okay) into the jar and mix with a whisk or stick. The glue gives the liquid a different thickness and makes impressive swirls of glitter.
2. Add some glitter. You can start with 1-2 tablespoons of glitter.
3. Add a drop or two of food colouring to give it more excitement.
Don’t put too much in otherwise the water can turn very dark!
4. When everything is blended, put the lid on and give it a good shake so the glitter is dispersed throughout.
5. Then let it cool without the lid.
6. You can secure the lid with super glue if you wish.
Enjoy and have a happy Wednesday!
5/10/2021Wellbeing Week is officially in full swing!
Yesterday our year 7’s had breakfast with Mrs Cole and Miss Fry, followed by smoothie making over lunchtime with the help of Mrs Dixon-Green. Thank you to Innovate catering who have very kindly donated a range of different fruit and veg for our students to try! It was lovely seeing so many of our students doing their bit to boost their mental wellbeing.
We also have a great Zumba class on offer this week! Open to everyone and taking place on Friday after school, sign up at the Welfare office - it will definitely be a great way to get the weekend started!